Eating . . . Not Eating

Eating . . . Not Eating

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Everybody Fasts


If you eat Breakfast . . . you fast.

Breakfast is the meal that breaks or ends your fast.

The fact that so many people use the word Breakfast indicates that most of us already embrace an aspect of fasting.

When I was a little boy my Dad smoked cigarettes. He was really dedicated to it . . . or, rather addicted to it. He smoked two or three packs a day . . . and even kept a cigarette lit all night long as he smoked in the bed.  I remember several times when I heard my Mom and Dad awakening in the night to put out a sheet or mattress fire.  It is a great wonder that we all didn't die from smoke inhalation!

Well . . . regardless of how addicted you are to eating . . . and you may even eat in bed . . . you probably don't eat all through the night!!

That 6 - 8 - or 10 hour spot of unintentional fasting in your daily life may be the only thing that is keeping you from weighing 1000 pounds!

That small window of fasting may be the healthiest thing you are doing right now if you are obese.

If you extended that window by one meal during your waking hours . . . it might be all that you need to begin losing weight and reversing your resistance to insulin.

Breakfast COULD very well be the most important meal of the day . . . IF YOU SKIP IT!!!

If you try that . . . and see no effect or results . . . try eating only one meal a day.  Only supper. Make supper the time that you break your fast.  No eating (only water) for 24 hours.

This is how I began my fasting journey.  Let me know if you try it . . . and what results you saw.

I'm not recommending that you try this . . . but it is working for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment